Thursday, February 16, 2012

The Calm Before the Storm


My spring break, which they call “study week ” here (who are the kidding?), starts the last week in February and that pretty much begins the craziness for the rest of my time spent here in Ireland. I leave for Barcelona on the 24th to visit my good old PC friend Emily Cotter and I’ll be back on the 28th. Then I’ve got a few days free before my Mom comes to visit for a week (shout out to Mom!) and we’ll be travelling hopefully to the West Coast and maybe even London! Then as soon as Mom leaves, my friends will start showing up for St. Patty’s Day celebrations (Katie and Courtney, prepare yourselves mentally, physically, and beeritually). We’ll be having at least one extra person staying in our apartment for the entire month of March. Par-tay! The weekend after Christmas… I mean, St. Patty’s … is adventure weekend with my IFSA Butler program where we’re essentially taking over an outdoor adventure facility in western Ireland. The weekend after that I’m headed to Brussels and Amsterdam where I’ll probably try some …. port wine (a JOKE, Mom and Dad!). Then my classes end April 6th (wild right?) and soon after I’ll hopefully be Euro-tripping it for about two or so weeks before exams start in May. I’m a busy lass!


HOWEVER, before all this craziness starts, I’ve got the next few weeks to lay low, hang around Dublin, and try to get ahead on my work. That means I won’t have many trips and pictures to be blogging about, so I’ll probably be rambling on about the random thoughts floating around in my mind. I should probably apologize in anticipation for subjecting you to that. That being said, I’d like to extend you the invitation to share some suggestions. Is there anything you want to hear about in particular? Questions about trips, postings, anything? I figured I’d ask since otherwise I’ll just be venting the ideas floating around in my noggin which honestly, I’m not so sure is good for any of our well beings. I’m thinking about writing one about my back pack. That’s right, my back pack. It has become my favorite traveling buddy. I’m definitely feeling a second installment of “Lessons Learned” coming on, also. So if you don’t want to be subjected to these blathering blog posts about everything and nothing at all, send me some suggestions! You can FaceBook them to me, or email me at Kconard@friars.providence.edu.



Cheers, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment