Sunday, April 22, 2012

Bitten By the Travel Bug


I’m safely back in Dublin and it’s great to be back! I had forgotten how awesome it is to sleep in my own bed. I’ve been spending the day uploading the massive amounts of photos I took on my euro trip and it’s been fun to relive the experience. Since neither of my Flickr accounts can handle the picture onslaught that’s been occurring on my computer, I’ve decided to save myself some trouble and make the photo albums on my facebook open to the public. This way, I can link them all right here for your viewing pleasure! Let’s take a look, shall we?


Paris – Where they like their Eiffel’s tall, their statues naked, and their baguettes long.


Prague – A city that should be on par with Rome in terms of being a travel destination. Every square inch of this city is ripe with beauty and history. 


Rome – It’s like all the major artists and architects got together and said “Hey, let’s cram as much awesome incredible unbelievable stuff in to one city and call it a day”. I think the most amazing thing about Rome is that the people have taken such care to preserve the historical ruins that exists in the city right alongside all the modern hustle and bustle. It’s a constant reminder of Rome’s incredible history.

Florence– The perfect city for wandering and eating and wandering and eating. And that’s exactly what we did. 

Budapest – Another city that’s yet to be discovered as an awesome place for traveling. It’s an amazing place to explore and relax.

So now that I’m done traipsing around Europe, it’s back to the books.  So exciting. But in between the painfully long library binges I’ll hopefully be exploring the parts of Dublin that I have yet to see. Here’s our Dublin bucket list:

The Bar With No Name – It’s a pub we have yet to visit yet in Dublin but we’ve heard it’s great! It actually doesn’t have a name, The only sign outside is a tiny one of a snail. Should be great craic!

A Hurling Game – Apparently hurling is like lacrosse gone wild. The European sports make American sports look childish.

The Cake Café – This is a little hidden café that you can only get to by walking through a paper store. It apparently is situated in a little courtyard, hidden by all the tall buildings.


That’s all I can remember for now. I’ll keep you posted on other Dublin adventures!


This has seriously been the experience of a lifetime. It’s crazy to know that I’m constantly in the process of making life long memories. I’ve only got 5 weeks left here, and I know they’re going to fly by. I’ve got a lot of memory making to squeeze in!


I think my next post will probably be another installment of my Lessons Learned saga. I’ve got a lot of knowledge to share about traveling around Europe!


Until next time, cheers friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment