Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Pre-Departure Pre-Dilemmas

Top o' the morning to ya! (Or afternoon .. or evening)

Welcome to my blog! I'll be using this a means of keeping in touch with friends and family from home who want to stay updated about my semester abroad in Ireland. DISCLAIMER: Prepare for corniness. I can't seem to keep corny humor out of my daily life, so you'll just have to suffer through it with me.

I figured a good way to start out my blog would be from right here in the good old US of A as I puzzle over how the &*!#@ I'm going to fit all my stuff into one suitcase and one carry on. Every time I glance at my shoe rack my heart breaks a little bit at the thought of having to choose which ones are most important: Do I leave my black heeled boots? My cowboy boots? Converse or Sperrys? We're talking a serious dilemma here.

A few slightly (but only slightly) more serious dilemmas: 1) I'm not registered for any courses at all. 2) I have absolutely no idea what my living situation is. See, only slightly, right? I've been told that the Irish are a very r e l a x e d group of people. They're kind of an "Ahh just figure it out where you get here!" bunch. I'll register for courses during my week of orientation, and hopefully will be able to get all of them PC approved by the time classes start. And I did sign up for housing, but have yet to hear anything definitive about where I'm living. SO ... I'll figure it out where I get there! Adaptation is key! Right, Darwin? Let's hope so.

I am INCREDIBLY excited to be going to Ireland!It's always been first on my list of places to travel. I keep hearing about how friendly the people are, and I can't wait to immerse myself in the Irish culture. I'm anticipating lots of adventures both inside and outside of Ireland, and I hope you enjoy hearing about them! For those of you who want to keep in touch more personally, I've downloaded an app on my iPod that lets me text for free internationally! Feel free to message me for that number!

That's all for now! I'll be sure to keep everyone updated on the shoe dilemma .... and the other less important ones as well, I guess.

As they say in Ireland (I think), cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Buy some of those air tight vacuum bags! Good luck in the pre-sojourn packing!

    ReplyDelete